App and Icon SizeSupport

Last Updated:

1. David33316

David33316 New Member

I can't believe no one has touched on this. I'm coming from an Evo 4G and everything is tiny on this screen. Some apps don't even fill the screen like they used to. I contacted Swiftkey and they are aware and will fix it in their next revision.
    I know how to make fonts larger in gmail, but, that doesn't help with the undersized apps. Tried spare parts and that doesn't work.
    Anyone have any ideas?? Hate to return this phone, otherwise it's pretty good. Battery life so far seems to be just as bad as evo 4G. Thanks:eek:

2. Bandage

Bandage Well-Known Member

Well...with the higher resolution that's gonna happen. I have yet to use an app that didn't take up the whole screen though. Perhaps some of the older coded apps might give you issues? The difference in screen resolution is what you're seeing between the Evo & Photon. I rather like having the smaller icons, but that's me.

As an aid for the small icons...try Desktop Visualizer in the market. It allows you to re-size icons / widgets. Works best if you're using LPP or another Launcher.

As far as battery you keep your radios on all the time? I'm getting great battery life leaving them off when I don't need data / gps, etc.