App: AT&T MessagesSupport

Last Updated: 2012-11-07 15:20:45
  1. naviwilliams

naviwilliams Well-Known Member

Okay you can shoot me...

Like I idiot, I 'activated' the Messages app by AT&T. But, I wish it gave one the option to see a red number on the icon when a message was\is received.

Anyway, I want to revert to the default OS Messages app, and I have no idea how to perform this feat...

I've tried the usual 'Clear Defaults' for AT&T Messages in the Applications section, that didn't work. I tried the same for Messages, that didn't work either. And you can't uninstall AT&T Messages.

I'd hate to reset my device just for that.

Anyone else?

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. naviwilliams

Maybe I'll try the 'Clear Cache' option...
  3. Krunk83

Krunk83 Well-Known Member

Is this a new app? I am not sure what you are talking about. Can you just turn of notifications in the messaging app and turn on notifications on the Samsung app. You should be using Go SMS anyways. It's the best SMS app out there.
  4. Krunk83

Krunk83 Well-Known Member

Go to settings, applications, manage app, AT&T message app, disable.
  5. naviwilliams

Thanks. But I don't see a disable option. Weird...

I did clear the cache...

6. tnedator

tnedator Well-Known Member

Does yours show "Uninstall updates"? If so, you should click that and then after it uninstalls the updated version, go back into manage applications and then click "Disable."
  7. naviwilliams

That worked!

mac1679 likes this.
  8. Scott303

Scott303 New Member

I uninstalled this for the same reason that you did. Just wondering though, are you getting update notifications for the AT&T message app in the market? Does anyone know how (or if) I can make it stop prompting me to update it? FYI I am somewhat of a novice so please be kind.;)

9. naviwilliams

I actually disabled the app ;)
  10. Scott303

Scott303 New Member

I did too (I thought) but I am still getting prompted to update it. I guess you are not getting those? :confused:

11. Scott303

Scott303 New Member

OK I see now what I missed... No longer telling me to update it. :D

12. funvin

funvin New Member

The AT&T messaging app also has the voicemail app (very much like iPhone's) and it also transcribes the voice mails which is supercool. But it's sms app sucks. Is there a way to get the best of both the worlds? Let the default sms app handle sms, while let the AT&Ts messaging app handle voicemail? :D
  13. jkc120

jkc120 Well-Known Member

Use google voice? :)
  14. RoarOfZonda

RoarOfZonda Well-Known Member

I had the same question, but I ended up disabling ATT Messenger and downloading Visual Voicemail or AT&T VM Viewer. Both developed by ATT and work great.
  15. ivela4

ivela4 New Member

Did anyone find a fix for this?

Here's what I did.. Play Store > AT&T Messages > Uninstall

This stopped all notifications and everything to be transferred to AT&T Messages. It uninstalled the app from my Samsung Galaxy SIII but the icon is still on my phone which is fine. I just don't want anything transferred anymore.

Hope this helps...
  16. bdclary

bdclary Well-Known Member

17. hybucket

hybucket Member

I'm new to all this as well - I had problems with the stock MESSAGING and ATT MESSAGES apps. WHenever I got a missed call, I would get two notifications, one from each app. IT took me forever (well, a couple of days) to figure out how to disable the ATT app from giving me missed call notifications. But...my question is...what is the advantage of one versus another? Why would you want to uninstall the ATT app if it is what allows you updates? Wouldn't you want the updates? And, isn't that the app that has your voicemail message? I do prefer using the stock app, which allows different fonts and bubbles and stuff (duh), and is there a way to set one or the other as the default? This is all confusing to me (though I do love the phone), and there is no tutorial that I could find to explain it.