App auto-updateSupport

Last Updated:

1. adkinsjm

adkinsjm Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone get the Market auto-update function to work? It worked before the firmware update. Done a couple of factory resets.

And yes, I know that the applications need to be updated because it says update in the Downloads section of the market and it's not an Update-Manual Only.

Advertisement
  2. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member VIP Member

Do you have the "Allow Auto-Update" checkbox marked for each app?

3. adkinsjm

Yes.

4. RJT185

I hate to keep asking questions, what about Background Data being enabled? Same with all the other CDMA connectivity options? Make sure you don't have the "Sync Only Over WiFi" selected.

5. adkinsjm

It seems others have this same problem, and Google and Verizon refuse to address it.

6. Old Man

Old Man Well-Known Member

I believe that the Android Market Auto Update functionality is part of Android 2.2, so if it is not working that seems to be a Google and possibly Motorola issue, so what does Verizon have to do with it unless it is a Verizon app being addressed?

7. adkinsjm

Verizon has something to do with how the market works. Why do you think there is a separate Verizon or Sprint tab on the market home page? Verizon could be blocking auto updates. Who knows since other users seems to have the same problem, but Google isn't addressing the issue in public.

8. Lightnspirit

Lightnspirit Well-Known Member

My apps auto update from the market, I do click the "auto update app" check box when I download something as well.

9. defkorn

defkorn Well-Known Member

The market app checks what carrier you are on, then displays the appropriate tab. Verizon has nothing to do with auto-updating or any issues that may come up as a result.

As someone else said, check your sync settings.

10. RJT185

@adkinsjm

It is a brand new feature, so it's possibly a bug or just hasn't been enable on the market side of things. I wouldn't go as far as accusing VZW of withholding features. Give it a couple weeks and let's see what the new fixes are with the new software update.

In the mean time, try an app like "App Brain" to help you monitor what apps have updates available.

11. adkinsjm

Apps started auto updating for me. Must have been a Market issue.

12. hayesap8

hayesap8 New Member

I have exactly the same problem as the original poster, but this started happening after his was already ok. On my Droid 2/Froyo, apps used to autoupdate but do not any more. The autoupdate option is checked. I have tried reboots, going to the Market, Market/My Apps, checking and unchecking the Market option to notify of updates, checked my syncing, erased the Market data and tried again, and uninstalled Market updates (they came back after a reboot).

One thing- while rechecking all my autoupdate check boxes after deleting Market data, the Market crashed. I'm about ready to enact the rest of the metaphor and jump out a window. Any ideas?