App better than Quick Settings for HTC HERO?

Last Updated:

1. valdesr11

valdesr11 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I recently found an app called quick settings which actually has an option for auto sync which is pretty good. But the mobile data option doesnt seem to affect my mobile network toggle. Im guessing this app was meant for other androids. Is there any other app out there as good as this one deticated to the sprint htc hero?

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Quick Settings works fine for this on my Hero.

If you go into the settings though it still says that mobile network is on, but turning it off through quick settings keeps it from accessing anything (and appears to be the have the same battery usage.

3. valdesr11

valdesr11 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Got it, thanks Kelmar.

4. superlinkx

superlinkx Active Member

Also, many of those settings have widgets built into Sense. Just go to widgets>settings>mobile data and that will give you a toggle switch. There is one for wifi, bluetooth, gps, and something else. I don't know if this is in 1.5, but if you go to shorcuts and there is a settings option, you can make shortcuts to wifi, bluetooth, location, etc, settings. This will save you room for other apps.

5. russhour

russhour Member

No offense: It says GPS not location. I am actually looking for a location toggle solution.