1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

App Brain Market Sync

Last Updated:

1. mdsj

mdsj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just downloaded app brain market sync, I just wanted to know if anyone has any info to share on this app. Seemed good when I read it and had a good rating. I just haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Any input is helpful.

Advertisement
  2. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

Yeah, there's a lot of people using it over in the HTC Droid Eris forum, and you can see a bunch of our app lists:

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/55479-appbrain-post-your-link-share-your-apps.html

It's really handy for saving lists of apps that you might occasionally want but don't need right now, and I like being able to browse apps on the web site and then just click "Install" to put them on my list and download later on my phone.

3. mkhopper

mkhopper Well-Known Member

I'm really liking AppBrain now over Androlib for hunting down and installing new apps.

The sync app is very slick. Find a few apps on their website, click install and they're stored in a queue, waiting for you to start the sync process on the phone. I haven't installed a new app via the barcode scanner for weeks now.

Uninstalling apps is just as easy.

4. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

I just downloaded AppBrain and I'm loving it so far.

Between this and AppAware I've come across apps I would have never come across with just searching the market.

All I can say is SWEEEEET!!!!!

Sent from my Cliq XT using Tapatalk

5. mdsj

mdsj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I love this app! On the site I just wish that the categories were a little bit more broken down, definitely needs sub categories. There are just too many apps to look thru and you can never get to all of them.

6. mn92

mn92 New Member

Hey guys im trying to use appbrain but i cant get my phone to sync to the market so i can download appbrain sync to my phone.... ideas anyone ?

7. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

If you're currently running WiFi, try using 3G instead. Occasionally, the market acts funky for reasons unknown, probably just high traffic but that's speculation on my part.

8. fuzzykno

fuzzykno Member

My phone hasn't sync'd to my appbrain account for 5 days. I swear there use to be a sync now button on the website but I don't see it anywhere. How do I get my appbrain account to sync to my phone?

9. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

I've had the same problem lately. Opened Appbrain on my phone b/c I hadn't received any updates for several days which is odd for me. Went to Manage My Apps > Sync with Appbrain and it said I needed to login first. I wasn't logged out however. Pressed sync again and it brought up all the new updates. Wierd. I just did it again a couple hours later and it synced right away. Just seems to have lost sync randomly.

10. fuzzykno

fuzzykno Member

Odd, I did manage to get it to sync by logging in and out. :)

11. dr g

dr g Well-Known Member

Appbrain is a great service and app, although for some odd reason it pulls CPU cycles occasionally while not in foreground.

12. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

It's also handy if you're loading a custom ROM that doesn't automatically sync your apps for you.

13. Mamculuna

Mamculuna New Member

I got AppBrain for a Samsung Moment, and the first phone I had was defective (dropped calls). I got a new version of the same phone and installed AppBrain on it, but seems that I now can't sync, and doesn't even seem that everything I get from the regular Market is downloading onto this new phone. Any ideas of how to get my computer to sync with my new phone in AppBrain?

14. ivanoid

ivanoid Well-Known Member

I have a question I use to have appbrain and then I factory reset my phone and before I did this i would press install on my computer on the appbrain website and it would download on my phone automatically but it doesn't do that anymore. Does anyone know how to activate this again?