• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

app compatability mx box

firstly please forgive me if this has been covered before i just cant find anything specific to the mx box. all films and tv work great no problems. its when i go into play store and want tttttttttto download for example bt sport or a cctv dvr viewer every thing sayd my device is not cmpatible. my box is new and dtails are mx rtl8188 box v15, android 4.2.2 , kernel 3.0.50 any help wul be appreciated

Ok have not solved issue BUT have managed to get round it by using my brothers Box. I downloaded a Backup App from Play Store onto both boxes, then downloaded the Apps I wanted onto his box and backed them up onto a usb stick or memory card, and then put it into my box opened the same back up app and loaded them onto mine fooling the box and they all worked.

Upvote 0
Ok have not solved issue BUT have managed to get round it by using my brothers Box. I downloaded a Backup App from Play Store onto both boxes, then downloaded the Apps I wanted onto his box and backed them up onto a usb stick or memory card, and then put it into my box opened the same back up app and loaded them onto mine fooling the box and they all worked.

If boxes are same (I mean Amlogic) and your box is rooted, copy xml files from your brother's box which are located in /system/etc/permissions to your box (same location) and reboot box. Should work. Before that you might remount /system partition to RW (using ES File Explorer it's easy).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones