App Compatibility etc.General

1. Splimcity

Splimcity New Member

Hello All,

I am new to these forums but it looks like a very useful place to air problems and information.

I have had my RAZR i for about a month now and am generally very pleased with it, although I have come from a Sony Ericsson X10 Pro with a very small screen, and so anything is an improvement in that respect.

My problems are with apps, and whilst I understand that some are not going to be compatible, it would be nice to know this before paying and downloading! Am I missing something here - is there somewhere to check before downloading?

Before Christmas I downloaded Plants v Zombies and it worked brilliantly, however since New Year the app fails to load with the message 'This application is not authorized for use on your Android device'. Who has unauthorised it - it was working before?!

It would be useful to know if anyone else has encountered this.

On the plus side, everything else seems to work very well. I loved using the sat nav on a recent trip up to Scotland, the larger screen made a real difference and the directions were accurate. The speaker could do with being a touch louder perhaps.

I also love the form factor of the phone and it's build quality.

Any way, I look forward to talking with you all again soon

Advertisement
    :
  2. Indium Indeed

Indium Indeed Member

Because of the broad selection of Android devices, the developers have hard time to make the application work on all of them. So most probably the application developer does not even know that their application does not work in some devices. Otherwise they would probably fix it. Just contact the developer, if you need help.
  3. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

Welcome to Android Forums.

I suggest that you contact the developer and ask why the app ran correctly in 2012 and does not run in 2013.

... Thom