• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help App conflicting causing MMS not to work!!!

GMANLIVE

Nov 13, 2009
Ok I posted before about being unable to send MMS pics or ringtones. I took my Droid back to Verizon after calling support and they were unable to solve the problem even with Motos help. They suggested a hard reset to bring the phone back to defaut factory settings. I brought it Verizonwireless store and the did the hard reset. This worked!! I was able to send a pic right there in the store. I went home and restored my apps from mybackup and now I can't send MMS !! This sucks. Does anyone have any idea what app might be conflicting causing this to happen???

I think I found the culprit or at least what I think may be the cause. I had the Droid hard reset at the store that night. When I restored my apps from the app "mybackup" I was back to square one not be able to send MMS messages. So I did another hard reset and downloaded my apps. I know I have a couple that I bought I need to figure out how to get those back but now I can send MMS no problems. Might be in the restore option ...because you have to open it up to thinking you aren't getting those apps from the Market. I am assuming it happens than.. not sure.

Upvote 0
FWIW, I experienced the same frustration. Googling informed me of a couple of oddities discovered by users in mid-November -- a bug re the Droid + MMS combo; and, GV's refusal to relate to MMS at all. I'm rushing now, but if you run a search in the main Droid forum here >> mms droid bug << you'll hit it. Posted it this morning. Includes summary of problem, plus links to precise page/thread at HowardForums and GearLive with the gory details.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones