App crashing after 2.1?Support

Last Updated:

1. kingp

kingp Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, I've been on 2.1 since it was officially released by Sprint. Here recently, the phone has been acting weird. I'll go to open an app like Facebook or Twitter (the official apps, not the 3rd party ones) and after I launch it, it closes back down. No force close message or anything.

Is anyone else experiencing this as well? It happens with almost all of my apps. Should I try a Data reset on the phone? Heck if I do that, maybe I'll just load a custom 2.1 rom from SDX. I'll have root then...

Thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

I'm not seeing this and I think there would already be a ton of post like this if it were a general problem. A data reset might be in order. Have fun.

3. kingp

kingp Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, I just wound up flashing with a custom SDX Kernel and the problem went away. Of course, I now have Root and MUCH faster phone!

4. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

Mine does this as well. Even after resetting my phone to factory settings today when I was at the Sprint store for email issues. I even had my Android system itself crash when I was trying to reset the phone LOL.