• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps App developing - Copyright issue

sepkb

Lurker
Feb 6, 2015
Hello androidcentral forums. I'm new to this website and to app developing in general, and before publishing my first app I have a question to ask you professionals.

I'm kind of disappointed, because I have been told by others I could possible get sued for publishing this app. My app includes sound clips from a variety of YouTube videos.
NOTE: those sound clips are not from a song or music video or anything like that, they're the sound of an object, but they're from companies. The uploader's of the videos were not even the owners of the clips, they were probably just fans of the object/company.

More info: there's a total of 30 ish sound clips and all are less than 10 seconds, all are from different companies.

Welcome to AndroidForums, sepkb :).

I've moved your thread over here to our Application Development area for you.

I do indeed see you posted something similar :)p) over at AC, so I hope you get some good feedback from those folks, too.

Not sure about the getting sued part, but I'd certainly carefully read the various terms of service and policies that Google published regarding this:

Best of luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones