• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help App download then get loads add apps with it.

jdk147

Lurker
Sep 17, 2011
Hi

Having problem when downloading apps. I downloaded "instant heart rate" and "calorie counter" both had a lot of downloads and good reviews. However, when I go to apps is about 10 more other apps downloaded with it - like Hot deals, Ringtaz, Extension Search, Get Games, Get Apps, and 100% games. When I try go into Apps > manage apps - they dont show on Downloaded only when select "All" tab - and when there wont let me delete them.

Any info on getting rid w/o having to reset to factory settings would be helpful as they cluttering up my app screan.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have a Neo and Get Games and Get Apps are preinstalled bloatware on my phone, extension search lets you search for Timescape extension apps so again preinstalled.

Not got HotDealz or 100% Games but they could also be preinstalled by your carrier if you are locked to a network. My phone is unlocked.

The only way you can uninstall preinstalled apps is to root your phone and use something like Titanium backup to do it but that is out of my area of expertise. I guess your other option is to do a custom app drawer and put all the crap apps on the last page.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones