App Drawer Blank

Last Updated:

1. dren

dren Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone,

I'm having a small problem which is sort of annoying. No... it's really annoying.

Every once in a while I'll click on my app drawer and it's completely blank. Closing it and reopening it doesn't seem to work. I have to wait about ~1 minute for it to start working again.

Also, when I wake my phone up and unlock it, I can't swipe to a different screen for about 10 seconds after I unlock the phone. It's also rather annoying.

Has anyone ran into these problems and have a solution?

I did some searching on here and the only thing I could find was this issue with people who are running different ROM's. I am running stock.

Thanks in advanced!

Advertisement
  2. StrifeJester

StrifeJester Well-Known Member

The problem is a speed issue. Your phone is processing background data. Some people get a different launcher but the easiest thing is to check your processes and see which apps are running from the setting menu. Mine will do this occasionally but its usually after a I play a game or do something that was really using a lot of resources on my phone. I have also noticed reducing the number of widgets I had helped. Less widgets more speed. YMMV.

3. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

search for topics on "screen lag" or "home screen lag" or "icon redraw" and you will see much talk on this known issue in 2.2 and it is what your talking about and it is across all ROMs. topics all over the web about it.

4. dren

dren Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the responses, guys! :) Now that I know a little more information on it I can search about this problem a lot easier. "App Drawer Blank" doesn't turn up many results! lol

5. StrifeJester

StrifeJester Well-Known Member

Empty can be a good word to use too in searches. Also, I have this happen about once a month where the home screens are all empty and the drawer as well. There are 2 ways i know of to "fix" this. You can reboot the phone, fun right. The second is that the search button will still work while the menu button does not. Hit the search button and start typing applications. It should give you the applications setting as a choice. From there you can find the "Launcher" and force stop it. Then when you press home your screen and everything should be back.

6. LaZeR

LaZeR Well-Known Member

I just found a little trick to this if your running LPP and this happens, go into (left button) Preferences/ choose restart LauncherPro and this should bring back the app drawer and apps to load.

Note: My issue was on the Droid X but I imagine this could be the same solution if on the Droid & running LPP.