app drawer widgetGeneral

Last Updated:

1. arkangeluk

arkangeluk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok guys, I updated adw last night (i think it was that one there was a few market updates going) and I went to delete an app and dragged it to the bottom only to realise the bin is at the top now. Long story short can't find widget for app drawer to put on bar at the bottom. Any help appreciated

Ric

Advertisement
  2. f891roy

f891roy Well-Known Member

hold finger where the app drawer icon was an swipe up.

3. arkangeluk

Sorry, maybe didn't explain properly, still have app drawer bar at bottom of screen but centre app is now contacts used to be for app drawer trying to find that one so I can put it back. at the moment I can't access my apps

ric

When I swipe up at the moment the app bar disappears

4. Gurba

Gurba Well-Known Member

If you press the leftmost button and choose ADWsettings maybe you can find a way to reset or something.

5. madmurdoch

madmurdoch Well-Known Member

Is there not a reset button in ADW settings?

6. arkangeluk

Thanks guys but no luck, tried reset and lost pages custom icons and went back tofour by four apps on screens dock. bar. went back to 3 bits not 5 as I had

7. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

OK so when I updated to 2.1 yesterday I reinstalled ADW but they have changed where the delete bin is and I have now twice dragged and dropped an app to get rid of it only to find that it has over written the app drawer symbol.

Other than totally resetting it how do I get my app drawer back?

Its probably really simple and I will have a face palm moment but I can't figure it out.

Any assistance gratefully received!

Edit merged my thread with yours cos I comitted the cardinal sin of not looking first!

I have now set up my screen again and have backed it up so if I do it again I can restore it. It's so annoying!

8. madmurdoch

You can change all the above back in the ADW settings though can't you?

Have you got your apps button back with the reset?

9. arkangeluk

No problems with merging threads rose lol I made similar mistake in trying to get rid of widget before I realised it goes to the top of the screen now.I still have dock bar at bottom but the centre button is the contacts one I was getting rid ofwhereas before the button widget shortcut whatever lol opened the app drawer. That's the one I want back all help welcomed lol

ric

Will try and post a couple of pics to show after I finish work

10. rosered

Don't suppose you had a backup on your sd card like I did? I'd backed it up before I ran the 1.6 to 2.1 upgrade. Anyway I have now used that (twice!) to get the blooming thing back. Had to reinstall all the widgets too, but I have now re-backed it up so if I mess up again it will hopefully be there.

I feel like I have been through all the settings at least 5 times and I cannot see where to find app drawer button, even tried setting swype up to open app drawer and that didn't work either. I would like to put the trash can back down the bottom but can't see an option to do that either.

I didn't read the upgrade notes cos I was reinstalling so much from upgrade, so prob my fault but why change something so fundamental.... grrrrr!

11. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

Just use the reset feature and try again. It's not the best update I've seen to ADW, and I've lost my app drawer icon in the process.

12. madmurdoch

There's a new update just come through in which you can pick your own app drawer icon.

Just updating now....

...which I've now done and can't find the option to do it.

13. X10iUser

The update we're discussing you mean. ;)
    - ADW

rosered likes this.
  14. arkangeluk

I'm not that bothered about the bin being at the top, I just want my app drawer button back lol. its still the widget for contacts that's there and it doesn't do anything plus my home button isn't working now. when I pressed it before it showed all 7 screens now nothing. I nearly had this phone how I wanted now I'm getting slightly peeved with it

ric

15. X10iUser

If the reset feature doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall ADW and start from scratch.

16. rosered

X10iUser - thanks! Thats the thing, hurrah! I tried google searching for the Anderweb / ADW site earlier and couldn't find it for some weird reason. I was obviously having a bit of a senior moment.... it's been a long week.

I am a happy bunny now.

17. rosered

On the Home Button thing you need Menu>ADW Settings>General Behaviour>Home Button Binding and then select Show Previews.

And X10iuser's tip is perfect, just create the icon on your home page and then drag and drop that into your dock bar (where it should be imho!!!) and it will over write the one you put there by accident.

18. X10iUser

That's being doing my nut in too. For those who lose their dockbar when swiping, turn off the hidden dockbar if you don't use it.

19. arkangeluk

right folks thats sorted it. uninstalled then reinstalled adw and that seems to have fixed the problem. looking for another icon pack cause i cant be bothered to fix all my little android dudes lol

ric

20. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

I honestly don't see the answer, I just want my app drawer button back without reseting everything? What did I miss

21. madmurdoch

Read post #13 and it will fix your problem.

22. ImTheDuke

ImTheDuke New Member

Had the same problem as this and thought I would post my solution. Know the thread is old but anyway...
    To get the app drawer icon back I long pressed the desktop and went Shortcuts>Activities>ADW.Launcher>Custom Shortcut.This then creates a Custom Shortcut icon on your desktop that you press>Pick your Activity>Launcher Actions>"Open/Close App Drawer.
    Then just drag the icon over the task bar.

23. rosered

On the most recent version of ADW just long pressing on screen gives you a choice of Launcher Actions one of which is Open/Close app drawer, so just select this and it will appear on screen and you can then drag and drop it into your bar at the bottom.

24. Shaysticka

Shaysticka New Member

tried that but the shortcut does not show up on the screen?

25. Hands0n

Hands0n Member

I solved the problem with the missing Apps button in a rather clunky way :)

I swiped up to reveal the "Launcher" button and then dragged it on to the desktop. Then I swiped down to reveal the dock again. Then I pressed and held the Launcher button and dragged it back down to the dock which put everything back to how it was then I first set up ADW (as part of a ROM install).

Hope this helps someone else.