• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App Drawer Widget?

try "more icons widget" it is a 4x1 widget that you add apps to.

4 shortcuts will be equal to the size of one, it fits a lot of shortcuts if you are ok with the icons sizes being a bit smaller. I had this app for a while and had no problems tapping the icons, but it started force closing on my Droid and eventually the 4x1 widget wont load the icons anymore. Developer responded quickly and said there shouldnt be a problem but to try reinstalling. Still have the problem, but I loved it and am disappointed it is acting screwy for me :mad:

Upvote 0
jfe is right, the GDE home replacement has a few widgets that I find invaluable. What you are looking for is called an application dock in GDE. The only thing about the docks that I don't like is that you can't spec the order of your shortcuts within each dock. I would think there has to be a youtube vid showing what this does...at work right now though so can't check for you to link it.

Upvote 0
I think I know what the OP wants....a scrollable widget that could be placed at the top or bottom of a homescreen and that could hold, say sixteen app icons, but display four at a time and allow you to scroll left and right through them?

yea, that's exactly what I am looking for. i guess it might be worth trying GDE out. It just stinks they don't have a trial period, only the purchase and refund within 24hr thing, unless I am missing something?

I don't mind paying for apps, I would at least like a trial to fully get my hands on it (like Easy Money provides).

Appreciate the feedback so far!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones