1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

App Drawer Widget?

Last Updated:

1. DannyJd

DannyJd Member This Topic's Starter

Hey there, I tried doing a search here and the Market...Does anybody know if there is a widget that acts like a drawer, that we can perhaps but our fav/most frequently used apps in? I'm looking for something similar to the HTC People widget (Style 2), thats a 1 x 4 and you can scroll through.

Any ideas?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. emdmao

emdmao Well-Known Member

abcorganizer might do the trick. I just picked this app up yesterday and cleared all of my screens, loving it.

3. DannyJd

not exactly what I was looking for. I have folders set up that currently do the same thing. I was kind of looking for something similar to the People widget, where it is a 4x1 space that you can add apps as opposed to a shortcut that opens up what essentially is a folder.

thanks though.

4. jfe

jfe Well-Known Member

GDE has a widget that allows you to put apps or shortcuts in there

5. emdmao

emdmao Well-Known Member

try "more icons widget" it is a 4x1 widget that you add apps to.

4 shortcuts will be equal to the size of one, it fits a lot of shortcuts if you are ok with the icons sizes being a bit smaller. I had this app for a while and had no problems tapping the icons, but it started force closing on my Droid and eventually the 4x1 widget wont load the icons anymore. Developer responded quickly and said there shouldnt be a problem but to try reinstalling. Still have the problem, but I loved it and am disappointed it is acting screwy for me :mad:

6. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

I think I know what the OP wants....a scrollable widget that could be placed at the top or bottom of a homescreen and that could hold, say sixteen app icons, but display four at a time and allow you to scroll left and right through them?

7. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

Just use Sweeter Home 2.0 Beta, does everything!

8. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

does the sdk even allow for a scrollable widget (currently) ?

9. Koxx

Koxx Well-Known Member

unfortunately : no :(

10. reznorfan0

reznorfan0 Well-Known Member

jfe is right, the GDE home replacement has a few widgets that I find invaluable. What you are looking for is called an application dock in GDE. The only thing about the docks that I don't like is that you can't spec the order of your shortcuts within each dock. I would think there has to be a youtube vid showing what this does...at work right now though so can't check for you to link it.

11. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

might also wanna try "bar control" - it lets you add app shortcuts to the notification bar

12. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

I don't think anyone mentioned 'Apps Organizer', it's the best I've seen. Allows you to label apps and mark them as favourite then create icons on your home screen for the labels, so when you click on it a pop up will display all apps with that label. You can also choose custom icons for the labels/shortcuts.

13. DannyJd

yea, that's exactly what I am looking for. i guess it might be worth trying GDE out. It just stinks they don't have a trial period, only the purchase and refund within 24hr thing, unless I am missing something?

I don't mind paying for apps, I would at least like a trial to fully get my hands on it (like Easy Money provides).

Appreciate the feedback so far!

14. eldiente

eldiente Active Member

i use GDE, and I use the app docket all the time. Try it out you'll like it. I also wish you could specify the order of the apps too.