1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

App for accessing home PC

Last Updated:

1. Synergy

Synergy Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone, im new to the driod world and picked one up a few weeks ago, been messing around with it setting it up to my needs... however i did have a question.. is there an app i can DL so i can get stuff off my home PC from my phone?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. fearofth3dark

fearofth3dark Well-Known Member

Do you mean like no matter where you are you can use your phone to access your PC? Because that would be https://secure.logmein.com/products/ignition/ logmein ignition. Honestly I don't use it (or any app that does that) because it's not worth the money for me but I've heard it's the best app for doing that.

3. kilroy

kilroy Well-Known Member

The fastest way for me is wirelessly by FTP. There are heaps of free FTP apps in the market.

4. muab

muab Well-Known Member

IP Messenger sounds like the sort of thing you might be looking for. It is a free solution.

Or perhaps the free App, Awesome Drop.

Check those out. There are others with varying differences.

Cheers

5. sitlet

sitlet Banned

there are three good remote desktop apps that I use. Remote Desktop, LogMeIn, and PhoneMyPC. All cost something, but I use them everyday. You can always try them from the market for 24 hours. Phonemypc and logmein require you to run a program in the background on the computer, while remote desktop doesnt.

6. rcrott1

rcrott1 Well-Known Member

dont forget HomePipe, or SwiFTP.

7. MkVsTheWorld

MkVsTheWorld Member

If you are looking to listen to music only then Subsonic is the way to go. The Android app is free but tu are expected to make a donation for the server end software within 30 days. I love it!

8. cranky_dan

cranky_dan Well-Known Member

Along the lines of what Captain Strange (Subsonic rocks...) is getting at, that there are options other than *completely seeing your desktop,* I use Dropbox to wirelessly move files to/from my phone.

9. Synergy

Synergy Member This Topic's Starter

thanks for the hlep... and yeah im looking for an app that will let me access my home PC from where ever im at... ill look into thoes apps.