• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App for adding groups to the phone book?

I would love to know the answer to that question as well...how could google create and email app on their own phone and it not have soooo many features that their standard emailing has...such as copy & paste too.

Having to enter multiple contacts one at a time in the "Address" box is ridiculous.

There is copy and past... and you can send to multiple contacts with ease too. I have a magic, but I don't see why yours would be different.

I had the same problem, the Groups I entered in Google Contacts didn't show up as such on the Droid. An app called Clix fixed that. I think it's $0.99 but well worth it.

I tried a free one but it duplicated many of my contacts and didn't work as well.

I don't get the paid apps in Canada :(

Upvote 0
I have a Droid, and yes, you can copy & paste, but not in the body of an email that was received. And Yes I can send an email to multiple contacts but you have to enter each contact in one at a time, you can't go to your contacts list and check off a bunch of contacts at once.

I did however find out how to create and actual "Group" using the Droid...since Group contacting does not transfer over from Gmail to the Droids Gmail.

I already posted on a different thread how to create groups...search: "Creating Groups"...look for my post...its a pain in the a** though.

Upvote 0
Well it's not obvious, but the Google Contacts DO get transferred over. Go into Contacts->Display Options. The click on your gmail account (under "Choose contacts to display"). When you do that it expands to show all of your groups and you can select which one(s) you want to display.
I think most people realize this, but the issue with groups is that you cannot email that group like you can in gmail, nor can you sort by groups when you are looking for contact.

Upvote 0
I think most people realize this, but the issue with groups is that you cannot email that group like you can in gmail, nor can you sort by groups when you are looking for contact.

Exactly, all that does is enter those contacts into your contacts list, it doesn't "group" them together as one contact.

But there is a way to do it. Create a new contact in your gmail on your computer and just enter more than one email address in the email address box separating them all by commas with no space.

emailaddress@here.com,emailaddress@here.com, ect...

you can also do this on your droid as well but you have to separate them with <emailaddress@here.com>, <emailaddress@here.com>, ect..

It also is much quicker on your computer, obviously

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones