• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App for archiving and deleting old phone no.?

pil0t

Apr 12, 2010
Is there an app that I could use to delete AND also archive old phone numbers that I haven't used for a long period of time and I will probably not use it any more, but I still want to keep it somewhere just in case if I will need it?

I have tons of phone numbers that i'd like to delete from contacts, but would still like to keep it somewhere in the "archive" localy on the SD card.
Vcard is not an answer because it takes too much time to archive large amount of numbers, besides Vcard is one file per phone number and that is what i don't like...

Sorry, i couldn't find that what you described in your post. Besides I'm not sure if that is the answer to my problem.

I have all numbers saved on the phone.

I'd just like to archive some numbers and delete those contacts from the phone.

Still looking for your help...

I was saying that, for example, your friend has a new number, go to contacts and enter edit mode, then press the + button on the phone number fields. You will get an entry field for another number of the same contact. Beside the entry field, you can change the label from "mobile" to "archive" or whatever.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about

gsmarena_056.jpg

Upvote 0
You can backup your contacts as one csv file and import them via your gmail account.

Works like a charm!
If by 'backup' you really mean 'export'.
Only I got a .vcf file, not a 'csv file'.
Dragged to my Mac's desktop, and 1,100 vCards imported and opened in about 3 seconds in OSX' Address Book.

You can also try Import Contacts or Go Contacts from the market. I haven't used those apps but in their description it says the contacts can be saved to the SD card.

If you stick the .vcf file in a cloud of the DropBox, SugarSync, Minus type, on your PC, it is instantly available on your mobile device again. Editing either

Upvote 0
Is there anything new regarding this question?
Answers above doesn't help me.

I still need an application that would be able to archive some phone numbers, that I will not need any more (or maybe I will in the further future). In case I need a number again I would like to be able to restore it from the archive.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones