1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

App for auto shutdown after inactivity?

1. ctobola

ctobola New Member

Occasionally, I forget to shut down my Galaxy Tab, and later come back to find it dead.

Is there any application that will totally shut down the device once it has been inactive for a certain period of time?

Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

I would think that the built-in "task killer" would've done that. Hello and welcome to the forums.

I've moved your thread to our Android Applications section for some faster responses. &#12471;
  3. korrupTed

korrupTed Well-Known Member

Hm, I don't think that's what he means. Do you want to completely turn off the device? Try looking for Shutdown Timer. That's the best I could think of at the moment. I don't think there is one that checks for idle mode yet.
    ctobola likes this.
  4. ccarrot

ccarrot New Member

5. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

There&#8217;s probably a way to keep it from drinking itself to death every day. I use this stuff on mine for the same purpose:

Brightness Toggle Widget to keep the screen at 25% unless in sunlight
    Connection Manager to turn data off when not needed
    JuiceDefender Plus to keep the tigers away

Unless I go nuts with it, my droid can do a whole day with that help.
  6. ccarrot

ccarrot New Member

Is your droid a phone or a tablet?

I see it not making much sense to have configurable auto-power-down abilities in the Android OS for phones, since if they're off they're not taking text messages, calls, etc. But Android is also used on tablets, and tablets (sometimes) don't get used for days on end.

I really wish that Android would include an auto-shutdown option in the OS, or at least make the power down toggle accessible without requiring root permissions so people could install a normal app to do this for them. I don't necessarily want to root my tablet, but I especially don't want to constantly come back to find it a useless dead brick...