• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App For blogger.

Has any one looked into this???
I would think that www.blogspot.com would have an app, because its owned by google. but It seems they dont. I am a blogger and would really like this app.

I'm working on a blogger app as a way to get my feet wet on the platform :)

I'll let you know how it turns out. What features would be completely essential in the first iteration?

Obviously creating a post (with title, and body) -- also manually setting the post date? Adding tags? Controlling the post option(comments, backlinks)? Other obvious things I haven't thought of?

The second iteration would evolve to include listing/editing past posts.

Upvote 0
Have there been any developments with this? I'm getting a G1 soon, and I'd love to use it with my Blogger account.

I'm interested to see if this could be done better than Blogger's current mobile solution (email your blogger account, and it will post the message body of the email to your blog, with pics included).

Upvote 0
I've used the actual blogger website on the G1 and it's an "okay" experience. The text box is too big to fit inside the screen and type at a visible size. Also, any movement of the trackball sends you out of the text box, making it kinda hard to edit, as you loose your place instantly.
One suggestion, type everything out using AK Notepad (or one of the other notepad programs) and copy/paste to that text box on the blogger website.

For the APP creator

1. Thank you.

2. Besides being able to upload a pic and place it easily wherever you need to within the body of the text, and being able to tag the post like you do in bloger, I don't think a first iteration needs much more. I'm a very basic blogger, so I'd be quite happy with that.

Upvote 0
I'm working on a blogger app as a way to get my feet wet on the platform :)

I was just thinking about doing the same thing... have you been able to put anything together? If not, I'd still like to connect with you w/r/t ideas you had about approaches,etc.

I really just want to develop something that's barebones initially... so to those reading this, please be patient.

Upvote 0
sounds good,
but I still don't see why google hasn't made an app for it yet.
you'd think that they'd be in a hurry to create apps for their own services on their own platform.
instead they're working on apps like google goggles (which is pretty much useless btw)
they need a blogspot app and then maybe google docs app.
they definitely need a picasa app and google reader app.
and here's another idea: they should extend the youtube app to support all sites supported by google video

Upvote 0
Hi,

Tooting my own horn here, but my app WhereBlogger (WhereBlogger - Blog where you are) supports Google's Blogger.com just fine. It is mostly designed for location-oriented blogging, but it also integrates with the Android OS in such a way that you can "share" notes from any text editor directly to a blog, as blog-posts.

Support for photos and videos and other types of attachments is in progress.

Give it a try and let me know what you think. :)

Upvote 0
Sweed, thanks for giving WhereBlogger a spin. Would you mind elaborating a bit on what you dislike about it? I expect some of the differences come from my focus on location and lack of support for things like photos, but I'm curious if you have any more specific comments. I'm finding that getting comments and feedback from my users is surprisingly hard - I have no idea really what people may like or dislike about the app, so improvements will inevitably be a bit haphazard as a result.

Gremlin, I'm working on that, but it's going to take me a while. :)

Upvote 0
the app is very useful for if I was trying to blog about a trip and wanted to tell about my current location, but this was not the case for me.
I was nowhere special that I wanted to talk about, yet the app requires me to choose a location before I can proceed to type the blog.
also: it should require the user to set the details of his blog the first time he uses the app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones