1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

App for Bluetooth passthrough to 3.5mm Jack?

Last Updated:

1. MiDri

MiDri Active Member This Topic's Starter

Full confession, I'm a SandTrooper and member of the 501st. So my needs might seem a bit strange, to casual users.

I own an HTC EVO and just purchased a BlueAnt Q1 blue-tooth headset, I would like to pass the input coming from the headset out of my EVO via the 3.5mm to my voice amp (they give us that neat stormtrooper sound.)

Is this possible? Does anyone know if an app already exists?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Is it not easier to just buy a BT adaptor that converts sound to BT and broadcasts it?

I do not really understand what you want to accomplish, since Android has A2DP capabilities.

3. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

An app isn't going to accomplish this. There's no 3.5mm jack on your BT headset and an app can't overcome that. One of the BT audio adapters will do exactly what you're looking for. They're designed to adapt wired headsets for use with BT.

4. nj2tou

nj2tou Member

Hi, I'm a TOTAL noob at this, so forgive my ignorance. I've been looking for an app that will play my phone's output other than phonecalls through my bluetooth. I understand that this isn't possible unless you have a stereo bluetooth headset.

Most people want it to listen to their music, but I want it so I can hear my navigation directions. It's almost impossible to hear them through the phone speakers if there is any noise at all in the car. :-/

I had it on my Touch Pro (WM), but I understand that the proprietary nature of BT prevents it from being developed on an android phone (because of the open source nature).

Would an adapter like this do that for me? I don't mind having an additional piece on my phone, as it's just going to be on my dashboard anyway.

I really don't want to buy another bluetooth headset, as I love my Plantronics Voyager Pro, unless that is really the only way.

Sorry if this is considered "hijacking" the thread, but I really didn't want to start a new one.

thanks!

5. MiDri

MiDri Active Member This Topic's Starter

The goal was to take input FROM bluetooth and pass it THROUGH the phone TO the 3.5mm jack not the other way around.

6. marica.marius

marica.marius New Member

Dear MiDri,

I need to do the same exact thing.
    Have you found any app for that?

Thanks,
    Marica.