• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App for broken menu button?

joooooopp

Lurker
Jul 22, 2010
Hi all,

Recently the home and menu buttons of my HTC hero broke down. I found an app, "soft home" which creates a home button in the notification bar.

Does anyone know of an app which does the same thing for the menu button?

While Im on it, a second question: My browser which is the default browser of the hero goes full screen. This causes the notification bar to dissappear thus making the home button app useless. Does anyone know how to turn this fullscreen feature off/know a good browser which does not do so.

Thanks

Freek

I found a solution to the second problem. Still have the same issue with the broken menu button though.

Does anyone know of an app to get the menu button on your touchscreen? Or some way to configure the functions of the buttons. I hardly use my phone button (the left one) and would be willing to sacrifice it for the much more usefull menu button.

Any ideas?

thanks

freek

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones