App for hanging up a call automatically

1. scarletspider

scarletspider New Member

Hello All, I've been looking for a while an app that will hang up an outgoing call in a certain amount of time like 5 minutes or 10 or whatever, but it seems there is none, can someone help me with this, it will be awesome if it can redial after it hangs up, and stops doing it when you hang up manually

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. cmh0114

cmh0114 Well-Known Member

How are you looking for this app to be implemented? Would it be something that you would always have open, and all of your calls would be cut after 5 minutes? Or would it give you a notification to hang up after 5 minutes?

Also, what would the point of such an app be? Most people don't like to have their calls cut short in the middle of a conversation.
  3. cmh0114

How are you looking for this app to be implemented? Would it be something that you would always have open, and all of your calls would be cut after 5 minutes? Or would it give you a notification to hang up after 5 minutes?

Also, what would the point of such an app be? Most people don't like to have their calls cut short in the middle of a conversation, and no one wants to develop an app that no one will buy.
  4. scarletspider

scarletspider New Member

I am looking for this app to be open all the time, so every outgoing call can be hang up when it reaches the set time, the purpose of this app is to keep under the budget in some cellphone plans, there is a lot of providers that offers plans with free calls to some contacts under 5 minutes or 10 or more, depends. I am pretty sure a lot of people will look forward to get this app, I've been using it in a symbian device and it is great, but I changed to Android and that's why I'm asking for this. Any help will be appreciate
    Thanks
  5. scarletspider

scarletspider New Member

I just remember, I'd like for this app to have the option to set the hangup time either in seconds, or minutes and seconds, and maybe a hide options so it can run in background.
    Thanks
  6. cmh0114

The Android API does not allow for an app to close off a phone call, for security reasons. You could have a timer that would alert you (perhaps by vibrating?) when to hang up, but nothing that would actually force the phone to hang up automatically.
  7. scarletspider

scarletspider New Member

Mmmm oh ok, thank you, well I guess that's a good idea too, and I think there are a couple of apps that do that already, but I appreciate all the effort and time you put in this, thanks again
  8. shanekorn

shanekorn New Member

Would it be possible to have an app that hangs up by voice command?
    Majority of the time, the last thing you say on the phone is Bye or Bye-Bye..
    The app would make the phone hang up when these kind of words are said.

I would imagine you would have an option of selecting a particular word or phrase:
    See-ya - Say "See-ya" to hang up
    Bye - Say "Bye" to hang up.