1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

App for keeping apps closed?

Last Updated:

1. daprospecta

daprospecta Member This Topic's Starter

Let me start off my saying I searched this topic before I posted. I am constantly closing apps with them being restarted and I'm not opening them like Music, alarm clock, Amazon mp3 store, moxier mail, etc. The only one I actually use from time to time is music but they open on there own. Is there an app or setting to change this?

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

No need to close them unless they are causing any problems.

If you have to close them, you can use dvanced Task Manager and other apps.

3. Beerkan

Beerkan Well-Known Member

4. gorn

gorn Well-Known Member

You really don't need to close them. They aren't "running" but they are backgrounded, sitting there waiting for events. Yes they use your memory, but android will instantly kill them if you need it.

Task managers are handing for killing a misbehaving application. But using them all the time to kill all your apps is just slowing things down. It's like clearing your browser cache all the time.

5. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

@OP there's really no point to a task killer and trying to kill the apps, as you'll find out, those apps just restart themselves. As others have posted, the apps are on standby/iddle so they are not using the phone's resources (CPU) if that's what you're afraid of :)

6. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

There are however occasions when certain Apps no longer function correctly or simply the only way to get the App to perform properly is to first close it down and any other program that too may be interfering.
    It is then at that point you need a tool to force Apps to close.

7. Quboid

Quboid Well-Known Member

There are apps out there which keep other apps closed, but I would avoid them. Let Android handle these things, it will kill what actually needs to die.

Since you're going to ignore my advice (well, everyone else does), here's one developer that has a few different versions of one such app:
    DNRTools, Android Applications and Games - choose for your phone's operating system. It kills tasks every 30 minutes (you can change this to more or less frequent).

There is at least one other, but I can't remember its name.

EDIT: Found it!
    http://www.androlib.com/android.application.com-vesperanovus-app-startupauditor-qDxn.aspx

This will close apps and keep them closed.

8. gorn

gorn Well-Known Member

I like your attitude Quboid of giving your advice but also answering the question.

This is pretty funny. It's for users that don't want their RAM to be "used up", so they instead have a program wake up (and use CPU and battery) every 30 minutes to "free" their ram, that didn't need freeing.

9. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

op what your asking for is simply worse than just leaving them be. what you can do is root your phone, and remove the apps you dont like completely.

on my samsung moment i removed:

moxier mail

nuance

all the sprint crap:nav/nfl blah

amazon

bejeweled

stock music player

stock gallery

and alot more