App for local newsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Jmtegra

Jmtegra Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im looking for a app that can tell me my local news by zip code or city. I live in Pensacola FL, and our beaches are about to get hit with all of this oil in the gulf and with hurricane season approaching i'd like to view the local news without going through the browser.

Advertisement
  2. Bishop

Bishop Well-Known Member

Don't know which APP that would be, but I just open up my local news website (whichever one I like the most) and make it a bookmark. You could even just make that actual bookmark a 'widget' kinda.

But I'll still be checking this post to see if any is out there.

3. mc48

mc48 Well-Known Member

You should activate a twitter account (it's free) and then you can follow your local news and they probably send out tweet updates all throughout the day. I know mine does and it is just a small to medium market. You can also set it to send out the tweets as sms messages if you want.

4. Jmtegra

Jmtegra Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thats a good idea. Ive never used twitter but i will have to give it a try.

5. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

news.google.com using your android phone. or you can install the genie news ported app and put in your city or zip code to pull those news feeds but it only gives you roughly 10 stories. best route is the browser. I just use the NPR app for my news feeds.

alternatively you should post this in the APPS section of the forums not in the Eris section you'll get more people to respond.