• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App for locking the screen while on the phone?

Buck Shot

Jan 13, 2010
Jersey Shore
Just bought my wife a Cliq. We are new to this droid market along with touch screen. She has a problem with hanging up or muting a call due to the touch screen. Is there an app or adjustment to lock the screen while on the phone?

Sorry if this is a duplicate thread, I attempted to search. Not new to forums but new to this one.

I search the main app section and found this. Wife is at work so I cant see if this will do the trick. If someone else can in the meantime thanks in advance

Ok, so the fact is that many of my favorite apps have appeared here already, so here is a very useful one that I don't see. It's called "Call Caddy" and it solves the problem of not having a proximity sensor on your phone. It is especially useful for HTC phones and it works by unlocking and locking your screen when you make or receive phone calls. The iPhone does this automatically, and it used to drive me nuts that my HTC didn't. Kudos to the guys that finally fixed this annoying issue. Def worth the buck.

Upvote 0
What does the proximity sensor do?

It will turn off the screen while the phone is held to your ear.

To see it in action, while on a call hold your Cliq away from your ear, place your finger in the area between the earpeace hole and the screen in the black area. You will see the screen go dark. When you remove your finger the screen will jump back to life so you can access your options.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones