1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

app for louder ringer??

Last Updated:

1. Lorit

Lorit Member This Topic's Starter

is there a app for making your ringtone louder? I have the Epic and its not loud enough for my deaf ears to hear!! Thanks in advance!!!

Advertisement
  2. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

If you're using built-in ringtones they are probably .ogg files. If so you can convert them to .mp3 (I use Audacity) and then boost the volume with MP3GAIN. You can then use the louder .mp3 files, or covert the louder files back to .ogg (but I'm not sure if they'll retain the volume boost).

These are just the tools I'm (somewhat) familiar with, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if there were a better solution.

3. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

I use this ringtone...loud but quite annoying, but I can hear it in my loud workplace.
    Go to the Market and search for/install Zedge Ringtones...then, look for ringtone called,
    450000mhz...download it and use for your phone ringtone... I like it. Sounds like the app called Sound Grenade, but louder.

4. dredayholiday

dredayholiday Member

I used to have this issue of ringers that aren't loud enough. I just downloaded some old school Nokia ringers, and they're almost twice as loud as the phones that come with the phone.

5. pc1staid

pc1staid Member