App for multiple customized sound notifications/ringtones?Support

Last Updated:

1. lifeinpjs

lifeinpjs Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this question has already come up-- I did some research, but couldn't find a definite answer. I'm coming from a Storm to the Inc... LOVE the Inc so far, but there's one thing I miss about my Storm: the ability to have multiple notification sounds per contact. For example: if my friend emailed me, I'd hear one customized sound; if she texted me, I'd hear another; and if she called me, she had a 3rd sound. Now, I know the Inc cannot currently do this, so here's my question: is there an app out there for this?

Thanks in advance :)

Advertisement
  2. kpantz

kpantz Well-Known Member

Well, you could achieve 2/3 with only Handcent SMS. Set a personalized ringer for her through the native Contacts app. Set a custom notification tone for her in Handcent (menu > Settings > Notification while in her conversation window).

I think you could get all 3 with something like Tasker. You should be able to execute "notify sound" actions based on events (email received, incoming call, SMS received) and tie them down to only execute when a specific sender/caller is sending/calling.