• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App for re-labelling icons / changing icon pics

For the purposes of putting a shortcut on a home screen, you can use FolderOrganizer Lite (or the paid version) for this type of functionality. I use this app for the same thing you're describing, and also to organize all my apps into different folders (referred by the app as "labels") and put shortcuts to those on my home screens with custom names and icons as well. Can also use contacts and browser shortcuts.

On the down side, when you change an app or label icon in the app, it doesn't appear to update on the home screen until you re-move and re-add the shortcut. Additionally, it won't be able to show you the number of unread messages in handcent like adding the handcent widget could.

Edit: Also, many other people use AnyCut or BetterCut for this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones