App for recording telephone conversations

Last Updated:

1. aquajoc

aquajoc New Member

Do any of the android based phones support the ability to record both side of a telephone conversation without having to use speakerphone? If so is there an app for that?

GODMODE Well-Known Member

Google voice will :)
  3. iPhone2Droid

iPhone2Droid Well-Known Member

... with periodic audible beeps so the other person gets a strong hint that s/he's being recorded.
  4. aquajoc

aquajoc New Member

So will the OS or phone not allow for an application to be created to do this. I currently own a Palm Treo and use Mvoice to be able to record telephone conversations for business purposes. However, I am getting a little sick of the treo and would rather use something like the Google phone

Unfortunately through all of my research I have never found another phone that had the capability of doing this and so thought perhaps the new Google phone would either do it or allow it to be possible to have an application custom written to do it.

5. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

It could be possible. You'd have to ask a dev. Try asking over in the application development forum, or try or They seem to have a lot more development related talk going on. Even if your question is not specific to the Droid, they might be able to give you a clearer answer.
  6. PiggyGirl

PiggyGirl Well-Known Member

I need this, too. I'm still using CallRec on my Centro (with my Moment on speaker) whenever I feel the need to record a conversation. Much as I still like my Centro, I wish I didn't have to carry two phones.
  7. mc9799

mc9799 Member

I had a Centro also and used calrec. It was a great program and I would be more that willing to have a similar program on my Sprint Android HTC Hero

HANNA_ANG Member

9. mdubs

mdubs Member

Correct me if I am wrong but Google Voice will only record incoming calls. It would be great if Voice could record outgoing calls as well. This has been suggested several times to Google but nothing has happened yet.

I'm sure legal issues are the source of this.
  10. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

You are correct ... incoming ONLY. Ugh!

The problem is that the laws vary from State to State.

HANNA_ANG Member

Do you know any other apps that can record while having a conversation?