• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

app for showing sd/internal memory usage?

i am pretty sure that i saw such an app in a review once but didn't bookmark it and forgot the name.

it's like "diskusage" but with an IMO better interface. doesn't zoom into things but provides you with a list view of the directory structure and displays e.g. how much space directories take up. kind of similar to "treesize" on a computer.

does anyone here know an app like that?

Astro will also do this. On top of that it's a fantastic file manager.

If you have Astro (free version is fine) do the following:

1. Open Astro and hit your menu key
  2. Go to 'Tools' and press 'SD Card Usage'

You'll now have a list view of every directory on your SD card and the associated storage with it. It provides the size of the directory and a percentage of space taken up.

Astro market link - http://t.co/AkMI5pM

Upvote 0
Alternatively, ES File Explorer can display the same info. Just select Menu - Manager - SD Card Analyst.

thanks for mentioning this! while i did not see it in a review for es file explorer, it did make me look at a review of astro again and there i found it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoL2C17DcBA&t=2m00s

man, it really looks like es file explorer is a straight copy of astro. after watching reviews and reading people's comments, i still don't know of any differences. except that it seems astro isn't updated any more but es file explorer still is. but that could just be because astro had more features for a long time?

Upvote 0
man, it really looks like es file explorer is a straight copy of astro. after watching reviews and reading people's comments, i still don't know of any differences. except that it seems astro isn't updated any more but es file explorer still is. but that could just be because astro had more features for a long time?
They both are capable file managers with extra features.
I prefer ES File Explorer because it has a great LAN/FTP feature. Without the need to install anything else, I can browse on my phone my PC files (both connected to my home WiFi network) and copy them from one device to another. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones