App for volumeSupport

Last Updated:

1. Sainix

Sainix Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there an app that will let you silent you sms ring tone by hitting the volume rocker, so you dnt have to go threw the lock screen just to stop the ring

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

You can tie the notification and email volume to the main ringer volume in the sound settings.

You can also use an app called AudioManager, and add its widget to the home screen to easily change the volume.

3. Sainix

Ok well now ijust need to figure out how to make the led come on when I get a text

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Menu-Settings-Display-notification flash

5. Sainix

i have that on and the screen doesnt turn on when i get a text.

i had an instinct before the evo when i got a text it would ring and if i was in class i could just hit the hard button for volum up and down and it would just stop the ring, but also the screen would come on and show a preview of the text i would then do my unlock and be right there and able to read the text.

im sure there is a way to do sumthin like this on the evo, i think it just makes things alot more easy for texting.

6. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Well you asked how to turn the LED on, not the screen. There isnt a way to have the screen come on without using an app. Search the market, I'm sure you will find one.

7. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

I think that the Handcent SMS app may have the options required for text notifications.

8. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Ahh yes Handcent is one of the apps that will do it. However you then must use Handcent and stop using the stock messaging app. So you will need to see if that is right for you. But a lot of people on here love Handcent, so at least try it out.

Mr. Ed likes this.