• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help App for volume

i have that on and the screen doesnt turn on when i get a text.

i had an instinct before the evo when i got a text it would ring and if i was in class i could just hit the hard button for volum up and down and it would just stop the ring, but also the screen would come on and show a preview of the text i would then do my unlock and be right there and able to read the text.

im sure there is a way to do sumthin like this on the evo, i think it just makes things alot more easy for texting.

Upvote 0
I think that the Handcent SMS app may have the options required for text notifications.

Ahh yes Handcent is one of the apps that will do it. However you then must use Handcent and stop using the stock messaging app. So you will need to see if that is right for you. But a lot of people on here love Handcent, so at least try it out.

Reactions: Mr. Ed
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones