• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[APP][FREE] Naked Browser 1.0 Beta - A full featured yet tiny web browser

FOR BETA TESTERS
1) I know the app isn't the prettiest. That hasn't been my focus. It's all about speed and features right now.
2) Downloads get cut off when you get a phone call. I have that on my list to fix.
3) I'm interested in any feedback so whether you have a response to the app as it is now or you have new ideas for it, I'd appreciate your input! There are quite a few things I'm thinking of adding. My current plan is to launch a paid "pro" version at some point.

Thanks for helping to beta test!!!

GENERAL INTRO
Hey now,

I grew tired of bloated, spying, weird, unstable, generally stupid and useless Android web browsers so I decided to make my own. Introducing...

Naked Browser

TRUST: Right permissions with no spying.
SPEED: No bloat, including minimal GUI candy.
FEATURES: Crash restore, undo closed tabs, infinite tabs, one finger zoom & more.
FREE: As in no cost. No ads either!

Here's the web site: naked browser Android

My main motivation was combating the privacy violations of some Android browsers. Naked Browser does not spy, track, or monitor in any way. Any and all data transfer is due to your web requests and retrievals. There aren't even ads.

I've been working on Naked Browser for several months and I've focused almost entirely on browsing efficiency and features. I have not focused on making the user interface pretty, although the interface is designed to be quick and easy to use. In the future it may look better, but for now it is a little browser that has the features you need. In the future I may make a paid "pro" version. I hope you like it!

Long time androidforums member though not with this account,

Tony

Well, they still haven't deleted this account.

I checked out nu.nl and the problem seems to be that they use an overlay on top of the flash objects which makes it impossible to click them and activate them. The only workaround I could find was to turn off the desktop user agent (click "desktop" on the Naked Browser bottom menu) and reload the page. Then, the video will display in HTML5.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones