• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [APP] HelixLauncher

The new HL 1.1 and above do... yes.

If your running a rooted phone with a 2.1 ROM restored to it then yes... you most likely have LWP already as an option.... however if your looking for download options because your expanding your repertoire... then Pete has some at his V.0.8 offering here: [ROM] Bugless Beast V0.8 ESE53 STABLE

EDIT: as far as I know you have to be rooted and running a LW capable ROM... these wont work on the stock 2.0.1.

Upvote 0
I just downloaded and installed this launcher. So far so good. I am able to use BetterCut, AppsOrganizer, and Folder Organizer without an issue. I'm running stock 2.0.1 setup, never rooted my phone, and after trying every single home replacement option out there including the various pre releases of other 2.1 launchers. Every one of them gave me any combination of problems including epic lag on the phone and countless force closes.

So far so good with this one, and I like the option of placing the shortcuts down on the launcher and still being able to use all my other addons. I'll keep an eye on it and see how it works but initial results are definitely positive.

Upvote 0
Ok I finally got it. Now how do you change the settings?!

EDIT: Wow I'm an idiot, disregard this dumb waste of a post.

Trust me, you weren't the first and won't be the last to wonder this.

menu softkey > configure

So i decided to give it a try today. I'm impressed. So far no lag, FC, or reloading of home screens. love the fact that i can pin the browser car home contacts and messaging (or any other app) to the very bottom and they dont waste screen real estate.First of any launcher that i can stand to use.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones