1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

[App help] ADW.LAuncher force closing.

Last Updated:

1. plmiller0905

plmiller0905 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I installed ADW.Launcher 2 times now. But for some reason I'm getting a lot of force closes. Then when I hit the icon at the bottom to display all my apps; that's even messed up sometime.

Is anybody else having this issue? I'm thinking that maybe Beatutful widges or Bettercut is the problem but I'm not sure. I really don't want to uninstall all my apps and install them one at time just to find out what's the problem. But that may be my only choice.

Advertisement
  2. danielg

danielg Active Member

Im running it with beautiful widgets, i have better cut installed, but havent used it yet. Im using the most recent release thats on the website.

3. newone757

newone757 Well-Known Member

i have no issues, not 1 force close since i installed like a week ago. But im not using the most current version, im still on 0.7.5 , still waiting on the update to hit the market before i do it, especially since i have no issues

its prolly something else youre running messing stuff up

4. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I'm using sweeterhome2 beta, kinda liking it. It's one helluva time setitng it up though, I'm still gonna need to read more on how to set certain things like the spring boards and stuff tomorrow. It's just the type of thing I like though, a challenge and a steep learning curve. I love being part of new stuff and finding all the problems, working through them, learning how to make it work for me, yada yada. If you're into technical stuff, I'd give it a shot. Be warned though, it's probably an all night thing to get it the way you want. It's taken me 2 hours now. =P

5. arkizabe

arkizabe New Member

PLMiller>ADW Launcher EX is giving me the same exact problems on my EVO. I quit using Beautiful Widgets and am now trying Fancy Widget. After a few days, I still seem to have the same issues. It's frustrating and I wish I knew what was causing it (Folder Organizer, some theme?, some other widget?). I'd love to hear if anyone has figured out the settings that make ADW work best. Thanks.

6. Smabbage

Smabbage Well-Known Member

I quit using ADW Launcher EX because the app drawer would not populate occasionally. The darn thing seems to reboot the home screen quite a bit too. This is annoying.

7. coos lick

coos lick Well-Known Member

Was getting quite a lot of force closes as well on my unrooted Desire running 2.2. Downloaded it about a month ago to try it out again so I assume it was the latest version. Don't have Beautiful widgets or Bettercut but do have Folder Organiser with custom icons. Seemed to happen a lot when I changed wallpaper - with either the layout locket or unlocked. The phone felt a lot slower with it on as well. I've ended up uninstalling it and have gone back to Sense to wait the new version of LP.

8. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Make sure that if you have any other home replacements installed you strip them of all widgets as they can create conflicts with your running home program. A program like Home Switcher will allow you to easily switch to the other home programs to clean them out.

paulbonner likes this.
  9. kaijie19998

kaijie19998 New Member

i got this error too how can i fix it if i don't fix it my phones will just can't on!help me pls!