• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[App help] Disable Google Voice?

atistang

Dec 1, 2009
so i've been using google voice since it first came out, at this point i'm done with it. it never works right and has caused me more problems than anything

when i get phone calls the phone will ring until voicemail would normally pick up, but then it pauses, then rings that length of time again before voicemail picks up.

i only have this number on GV and i have triple checked that i am not forwarding anything.

anyway when i tell GV to let my sprint voicemail handle my phone calls they still go to google voice. does anyone know how to completely get rid of GV so i can just have my sprint voicemail handle everything?

or if you know the fix for my problem i'd be open for that also

I was an early adopter of GV and over the years have handled thousands of calls with GV and had nearly zero problems.

I don't use Sprint but I know that a while back Google and Sprint made some kinda partnership and as a result GV is different for Sprint users. I don't remember much else except it seems to be problematic, particularly when using the standard market GV app.

Anyway, point is that GV is a great service, especially at the price. I'd contact Sprint and see if they can help sort it out for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones