• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[App help] Gapless playback on Google Play Music?

hilker09

Oct 28, 2009
Crozet, VA
I have All Access in Google Play Music, and use it on both my HTC One and my Nexus 7 2013. I noticed last night that I have gapless playback on my Nexus, regardless of whether the songs are downloaded or not. I also have gapless playback on my laptop, playing from the Web page. My One continues to have a slight gap between songs. Both services are running stock Android 4.4.2. I couldn't find any way to make changes in settings. Any idea how I can get this to work on my One?

I've read a few comments about this, about the lack of gapless playback in Google Music. Until Google fixes it, think the only solution at the moment is to use another music player, like DB PowerAmp. It's horrible to hear my favourite Pink Floyd albums with gaps and pauses. These days there's really no excuse for not having gapless playback of music.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones