[APP help] Launcher pro expired and will not download update

1. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

I have taken liberty to hijack this thread. This is a summary of why when LP expired and why you were unable to use your phone and were only able to use the browser. Issues came up since people did not have internet access and were not able to update the app.

Please note that the expiration on LP was removed on the latest release in December. There are some Custom ROMs that use the older LP version and this might be one reason why members are seeing this. Technically if you have the latest version of LP you should not see this. This is only for LP and not customers who purchased LP+.

This thread is meant to be for support for those with this issue. If you want to discuss how Fede should have done this or any other kind of debate, please post here. I will have this thread cleaned so it's not so clutter :)

Solution and explanation from Fede

LifeHacker

Here are some of the best solutions from the members:

Cheers,
    -Roze-
    Your Friendly Neighbourhood Moderator

Advertisement
    :
  2. chrissyroo43

chrissyroo43 New Member

My launcher pro expired so I went to update it at launcherpro.com and the website wont come up. I can't use or do anything on my droid x but go online. Is there a different site I can download a launcher update at????? Please help!
  3. k0smo86

k0smo86 Well-Known Member

Launcher pro is free. If your pro plus account expired, I was unaware it could expire, I would contact the Dev.
  4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

There are a couple of things you can do (although I'm wondering why the plus version "expired" if that's what you have).

In the application manager you can uninstall LP then reboot (sometimes just going to the home screen) to be given the choice as to your launcher; ADW and TWZ will likely be there in the pop up prompt.

Another way is to just go into task manager and remove LP with the same result.
  5. jeff000

jeff000 Well-Known Member

Ok I found the downloads menu and tried to install. But I get application not installed. So now I'm still screwed.
  6. nancyh1990

nancyh1990 Well-Known Member

I am in the same situation.
    I can't even get to the home page. I can't make a phone call. On the phone, HostGator keeps showing up. Called them. They say they don't know anything about Launcherpro.
    The phone is useless
  7. wagesgt903

wagesgt903 Member

Alright. My buddy at work let his launcher pro expire so now his phone will do pretty much nothing. When trying to get to the launcher pro website it keeps sending me to a "host gator.com" or something like that. Is there anywhere else i can download the update or hook it to the pc and do so. thanks
  8. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Well-Known Member

I didn't know Launcher Pro "expired". What exactly does this mean?
  9. chaxico12

chaxico12 New Member

My current version of Launcher Pro Expired, it won't let me access my home screen and it sends me to a web site called Host Gator. My phone is useless and I really need help.
  10. wagesgt903

wagesgt903 Member

On my droid 2 it instructed me it would expire and to download an update. My buddys evo did the same and he never updated it now the phone is locked on the web browser and nothing will work.
  11. nancyh1990

I am in the same boat. My phone is useless. Can only take incoming call or incoming email. Can't even go to the application page to take this POS out.
    It said launcherpro, but the link goes to HostGator. com
  12. wagesgt903

wagesgt903 Member

Yep you have the same exact thing
  13. nancyh1990

Called HostGator and they say it is not their end. More likely launcherpro who may not even be a customer.
  14. Frisco

That issue was reported across many devices back in October, and with no resolution (that I could find) other than uninstalling it and going with ADW or some other launcher.

Later on it seems to have resolved, at least we stopped seeing "expired" reports in the forums.
  15. wagesgt903

wagesgt903 Member

How do we fix it then. Can the file be downloaded to a pc and loaded onto the phone?
  16. nancyh1990

Even downloaded on the SD card, how do you even get to it? Since we can't even get into menu....
  17. wagesgt903

wagesgt903 Member

Ok so i downloaded the apk file on my pc and emailed it to my buddys evo. downloaded the file and its all good now.
  18. Evo31879

Evo31879 Member

A guy here at work is having the same issue. When he hits the home button it tells him that Launcher Pro has expired and to download the newest version. No matter what he does it won't come off of the browser page. Can't go to settings or anything. Like above, the phone is useless. Can't make calls or even receive calls.
  19. minisep

minisep New Member

Here is the solution for those who still have problems :

On your android phone : launch the Internet browser (I am using Dolphin Browser). Actually it's the only thing you can do... In the settings of the browser you may be able to change the "User Agent" ("Android" by default) and select "Desktop" (or everything else) instead of "Android".

Now try to go on launcherpro.com : it must work.
    Evo Lotion likes this.
  20. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

LauncherPro can't get expired. The license is permanent. Once you purchase it, it's yours forever. There's no trial period either. If you don't have the license, you just don't have access to the Launcherpro widgets and some other functions.

So the question is - What on earth did you install on your phone?
  21. Frisco

We're seeing a rash of these reports, across many devices, lately (especially last night and this morning).

I'm wondering what's up. I've been searching Google, so far with no resolutions.. a few months ago this was happening with a beta version, but these reports are not about a beta, it seems.
  22. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

I'd write LP for sure and let them know.
  23. spartanfan

spartanfan New Member

Help! Same problem. How do I uninstall/install new version??
  24. laloga

laloga Member

Tried the fix above....did not find anything related to "user agent." Can't access my home screen, the launcher pro site is dead on my phone, and can basically only text or receive calls. Does anyone know how to fix this?
  25. reinbeau

reinbeau Klaatu barada nikto VIP Member

The LauncherPro website and forum are offline. Something's up.