• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[APP help] Launcher pro expired and will not download update

Hi, guys i got that same error, my launcherpro i downloaded from Market expired and got stuck in the browser, what i did to fix is download and emailed to myself the last update form the launcherpro website: http://www.launcherpro.com/apk/LauncherPro-0.8.2.apk

Sent the file to my gmail account, after i download it form my fone and cliked on the file, it started installing it and my phone revived.

But this is really B******* !!!!! How can a software limits yourself to don"t access anything else on your own phone !!!! i"ll remove this thing right now from my phone and post into the foruns of lancher pro about this stupid experience

Upvote 0
MY DAUGHTER SAVED THE DAY!!!! I have this issue this morning and was freaking out... NO HOME SCREEN and my browser was white screen of death trying to go to launcherpro.com. nothing happens. hella pissed.

here's the fix: www.bubiloop.com/download/org.adw.launcher and will take you android market. after download access it from dropdown list and run it. YOU GET YOUR HOME BACK!!!!

SCREW LAUNCHER PRO!!!! They can kiss my *ss... NEVER EVER AGAIN.

Reactions: Sunshine81
Upvote 0
I escaped this Launcher Pro Hell by doing this:

I used advanced task killer to bring up the market, which seems to automatically be running after awhile. Then I installed Appbrain. Then Appbrain allowed me uninstall all of my current apps, including Launcher Pro.

This was a horrible experience, and I will never allow Launcher Pro into my phone ever again.

Upvote 0
:)had the same issue .nothing but browser , i fixed mine(droid 1) by starting phone in safe mode , this launches the phones basic defalt software and lets you get to the settings were you can uninstall LP and restart phone normally . very quick and easy to get into safe mode , with phone off and slider open hold the power button and the menu key. it will say safe mode in left corner when started, you have to hold trough all the first screens . hope this helps

Reactions: alexpsu7
Upvote 0
I had this issue on my wife's phone (Samsung Moment). To fix it, I held down the home button (long press) to bring up the app switcher. Then I chose 'task killer' (obviously you need to have that installed). I went to the 'security settings' in task killer and set it to 'low' so it would show more of the apps that were running. Once I got there, 'settings' was in the list and did a long press on 'settings' to open the 'settings'. From there you can 'manage apps' and uninstall it. I hope that helps out some of you.

On the flip side of the coin, I have LP (the free version) installed on my phone (also a Samsung Moment) as well and it did not expire or cause me any problems (directly, that is). I like the app and it works great for me. I think if the app was updated regularly it wouldn't have 'expire'. I don't understand why it would expire anyway but that's just my 2 cents.

Upvote 0
I was going to reply to a lot of different replies, but....

I had this with my sisters phone. couldn't do ANYTHING but go on the internet (which took me to the Gator site too). Here is what I did: Click on the 'search' button and go to
launcherpro.com/market.html
You SHOULD see a 'click here' link, click it :) (this will open LauncherPro in the market). Download LauncherPro from there (this resolved the problem).
If it works, I would download ANOTHER Launcher (such as ADWLauncher), so if one fails you have a backup.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although I am not a fan of ADW this did unbrick my phone and allow me to uninstall Launcher pro, I am unsure if I will reinstall.

Upvote 0
:)had the same issue .nothing but browser , i fixed mine(droid 1) by starting phone in safe mode , this launches the phones basic defalt software and lets you get to the settings were you can uninstall LP and restart phone normally . very quick and easy to get into safe mode , with phone off and slider open hold the power button and the menu key. it will say safe mode in left corner when started, you have to hold trough all the first screens . hope this helps
Eschesworld's post of going into safe mode and then accessing settings to uninstall LP worked and was the simplest solution. If your stuck and all you have access to is your browser try his recommendation. Safe mode lets you get into your settings and apps again. Worked great for me!

Upvote 0
I had the same issue, and ended up downloading it directly from here: http://www.launcherpro.com/apk/LauncherPro-0.8.2.apk

Once it downloaded, I could install it from the pull-down notifications bar on my Droid 2.

In my case, I had my phone set to not allow installation of apps from sources other than the android market, so I was (luckily) bumped to "settings", which i was unable to access before. I uninstalled the old version of launcher pro, enabled installation of apps not from the market, and reinstalled the new version of launcher pro. I had to reorganize the icon layout on my home screens, but my phone otherwise works fine now. So it was a little clumsy, but worth it.

So did you download this site on ur computer or the phone?

Upvote 0
I had the worst situation among all of the guys here. LP expired, wifi and data was off (so i really had no way of connecting to the net). I couldn't access anything aside from browser. The search -> settings didn't work for me either since for some reason, it opens voice search.

The only thing I could do was open my recently used apps and the app that was there was my Browser and Advanced Task Killer. Sadly, settings wasn't showing in my task killer. I tinkered around a bit and found a security setting in my advanced task killer that if I set it to low, it would show all running apps. I ticked low and restarted my phone. After the restart, I checked advanced task killer and luckily Settings was showing. I immediately "switched to" settings and uninstalled LP from there. Now I'm back to my default home screen.

Upvote 0
how did you bump your settings? (using captivate)

I had the same issue, and ended up downloading it directly from here: http://www.launcherpro.com/apk/LauncherPro-0.8.2.apk

Once it downloaded, I could install it from the pull-down notifications bar on my Droid 2.

In my case, I had my phone set to not allow installation of apps from sources other than the android market, so I was (luckily) bumped to "settings", which i was unable to access before. I uninstalled the old version of launcher pro, enabled installation of apps not from the market, and reinstalled the new version of launcher pro. I had to reorganize the icon layout on my home screens, but my phone otherwise works fine now. So it was a little clumsy, but worth it.

how did you bump your settings? (using captivate) i cnat install from the web and I cant find a settings menu to change it

Upvote 0
I got this too.

"Launcher Pro has expired ..." and i was not beeing able to access anything but a web browser. WTF!

Luckily enough i found in another forum that you can type in a market link in the browser (market://search?q=pname:eek:rg.adw.launcher)

I was thus able to install ADW launcher and was prompted to use that one instead. Now all my screens are back.

I registered to this forum just to post this and try to help anyone who had the same problem as me, because i think it is absolutley horrible how LP (free) disabled the phone if it was not updated.
How can any of you LP-free users be sure that this will not happen again?
I will never ever use LP again. Ever.

Upvote 0
I'll just add my two cents to this issue; perhaps it may be of any use for others. I basically ended up in the same situation on my Samsung Galaxy Spica as described here:
LP expired, wifi and data was off (so i really had no way of connecting to the net). I couldn't access anything aside from browser. The search -> settings didn't work for me (...)
However, as a developer I have USB debugging enabled by default and also allow non-market apps to be installed through ADB.

For starters I downloaded the LauncherPro-0.8.2.apk file and tried installing it through ADB. That resulted in the error:
Code:
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS]
Then I tried uninstalling it first, which simply returned:
Code:
Failure
(Very informative, thank you Google...)
Finally, I was saved by the "r" switch that allows for re-installing an app:
Code:
adb install -r LauncherPro-0.8.2.apk
That finally did the trick for me. Now it seems to be running fine again. Let's see for how long. :)

Upvote 0

This worked for me, except not in the way you might think. I did not enable 'apps not from the market', so the install failed, however when the install failed a Settings button appeared! So, click on the Settings button, go to Manage Applications, and uninstall Launcher Pro. Then, email them and tell them that they are naughty.

-MLog

edit: apparently I didn't read through enough, as this has already been discovered. redundant post is redundant.

Upvote 0
I accidentally ran into a simple way to solve this for any of you that are still having problems. This will only work if you can still get into your internet browser. I went to yahoo.com to check my email. Once I got to yahoo.com and clicked on mail, it asked me if I would like to download or update the yahoo mail android app. Click on this--you do not need to download the app or update, the point is, it takes you to the android market. From there, just search for launcher pro, and then it will let you update launcher pro. All of my stuff is still saved.

Good luck!

Gina

Upvote 0
I woke up today, turned on my phone and bam, had the same problem. I tried doing various things to get it back to the TW Launcher, but since Launcher Pro was default I couldn't. Do note for people with this problem we can't get to the settings menu.

Here's how I fixed mine, and got it back to the TW Launcher.

1. Hard press the home icon and wait for the pop up menu to appear.
2. Click on "Task Manager"
3. Find Launcher Pro in the list.
4. Click Uninstall.
5. Turn off your phone.
6. Turn it back on.
7. If you have an unlock screen, do it.
8. You should be given an option to use TW Launcher (or any other launchers you have).
9. If not click the home button and the option should come up.

Upvote 0
Hey... Just got my first Android phone. Based on reading forums like this, the first thing I did was replace the default app launcher with Launcher Pro and replace Browser with Opera Mini (and currently experimenting with SkyFire).

Love the phone. Bought an iPhone for my wife, and prefer the Android OS a lot.

This thread is scary... I don't fully understand everything you all are talking about. I only installed the app a couple of weeks ago. Should I remove it immediately?

Replace with what?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones