• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root App Help.. Maybe some of the more knowledgable people here can help

tripdoc79

Android Enthusiast
May 24, 2011
So im trying to build an app.. havent done any app building, but gotta start somewhere.. i'd like to build an app that looks for other installed apps. i would think that it would be pretty easy, basically a search that looks for a pre-defined list of apps on a phone. any ideas?

well.. i got alot of it written.. im training myself using the tuts ond resources from developer.android.com.... not quite there yet.. working on designing an interface atm.. i know how to add suggestions to the search within the app.. but still trying to figure out how to just make the app search for a pre-defined list built into the app.. it is a little fishy.. lol cant really say what it is, but its a great idea.. and there arent any that i can find on the market.. so maybe if i can get this thing working.. i can make some money lol, and id be willing to pay for any assistance lol, and gladly talk about what it actually is after signing an NDA lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones