1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

[App help] Nova Launcher and Scenes

1. jlbattagli

jlbattagli Well-Known Member

Hi all. I'm trying out Nova Launcher (free) this weekend. I like it a lot, except for one thing...

On my stock, unrooted Eltevo I habitually use two scenes, Work and Home. Different wallpapers, icons, homescreen apps and dock apps for each. Using Nova, when I switch scenes only the wallpaper changes, all else remains the same as the scene I installed Nova from. No doubt because scenes are a function of Sense. Is there a way to have a similar function with Nova (either free or Prime)? Obviously, I could do it manually, but that is kinda time consuming. :slug:

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
    :
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

moved to app section to get potentially more Nova users to see your questions and offer help.

Suggested to message the dev with this question also...
    jlbattagli likes this.
  3. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

What you could do is use a separate launcher for home/work. I wonder if theres an app that would swap launchers easily?
    jlbattagli likes this.
  4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Home Smack allows you tp switch launchers.
    jlbattagli and funkylogik like this.
  5. jlbattagli

jlbattagli Well-Known Member

Thanks for the ideas, guys. Think my next step will be to contact the dev. Thanks again.
    funkylogik likes this.
  6. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

The nova dev is a nice guy and an Android Forums member. He also has a beta test community on Google Plus so if youre on there, you should sign up for beta testing and post your suggestion.
    The only problem i can see with it is that Nova is designed to be light and fast so having multiple "profiles" might bog it down too much :thumbup: