• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[App help] Stock Music App Plays Automatically

WarningU2

Jun 30, 2011
Canada
I am a newbie with a HTC One (Bell Mobility) phone that I am very happy with having recently upgraded from an older HTC model. One oddity I have found is that the Music app seems to randomly play without me starting it. I have some references to this from googling this but I haven't seen a resolution. I use Poweramp anyways so was wondering ... one is there a way of stopping this behavior? And two ... any issue with disabling the stock Music app?

moved to app section so more help with other user who use the stock player can chime in.

if you have the stock music app set to activate when you use headphones, bluetooth phones, etc., long press on the apps icon, you should see "app info". tap that and go to the apps info screen. remove any defaults if any are set.

try a different set of headphones if you are using wired phones.

poweramp is a wise solution. google play is also a worthy recommendation if you will allow it to upload your files to its player.

welcome. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones