• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App I Am Looking For...

VanDam

Lurker
Jun 12, 2014
Hey all,

Can anyone tell me if there is an app that will group notifications in the status bar. Example being: WhatsApp you have one new message. Could this be changed to a non branded "You have X notifications"? When you click that it will tell you what apps you have notifications for. I get annoyed sometimes when there are too many in my status bar.

I wanted to come here and give an update on this incase anyone was looking for something similar.

I found an app that does what I need. It briefly flashes the app notification in the status bar and then groups it inside and the app logo will appear in the status bar. Really works great if you have too many apps sending you notifications. Keeps things tidy.

The only downside to this app is that there is only minimum vibration from it and no LED light when notification is received. So, you need to check your phone every now and again and wouldn't suit if you are awaiting an important message.

The app is called Notification Manager and is available here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobisystems.android.notifications

Works great for me, but with the downsides, it may not be for everyone. I am one of those who keeps phone on silent most of the time.

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones