App icons won't go awaySupport

1. hornum

hornum New Member

Hi.

So I have just received my new HTC Desire S phone a few days ago, and so far it is really a great phone. However I have encountered a problem. When I delete an app, the icon isn

Advertisement
    :
  2. the kid

the kid Active Member

long press the icon and drag it to the bottom of the screen and a trash can will appear and drop it in the trash can
  3. hornum

hornum New Member

That doesn’t work.
  4. TheBrit

TheBrit Well-Known Member

Restart the phone and it should disappear.
  5. hornum

hornum New Member

Doesn't work either..
  6. ninja_reject

ninja_reject Well-Known Member

How does dragging it in the trash not work? You must give details as to what happens when you try this, because I have never seen doing that 'not work'.
  7. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Are you referring to the home screen or the app drawer?

If it's the home screen, make sure the trash can turns red or else it won't delete the icon.
  8. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

sounds to me.. like your phone is having issues... maybe you should take it into a repair center.. and show them.
  9. Graeme H

Graeme H New Member

I have exactly the same problem as the original poster.

A bug ?:mad:
  10. JFSG

JFSG Well-Known Member

Drag the icon to the bin (bottom right, make sure it turns red when you drag there) and it'll be gone.
  11. Pachanga

Pachanga New Member

sounds likes hes referring to the app drawer:
  12. Graeme H

Graeme H New Member

Some bloke from Belgium suggested this and it worked for mine - hope it does for yours ....

The S doesn't really turn off with the default settings, it merely hibernates. To really turn it off, you'll need to untick the "Fast boot" option (Settings -> Power). Once it's unticked, restart the phone again. Keep in mind that the boot time will be a lot longer.

After I did what he said my icons had gone.
    :)

sippi60 likes this.
  13. sippi60

sippi60 New Member

Ditto,as Graeme H said.Uncheck the fast boot option then power down.
    All the unwanted icons on my Desire S have gone.
    Cheers Graeme.
  14. luxybob

luxybob New Member

yes you can remove app icons from the main/home screens by holding down on the icon and moving to the delete (bottom right) area, but if you want to remove an app from the All App section then you need to press the second main icon (three lines) and select the remove app option, this takes you into another menu where you can select the app to remove (or not in case of carrier installed apps needing root permissions)