1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

App Install Location?

Last Updated:

1. Huey Freeman

Huey Freeman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can this be done? Or does it automatically do it..?

I've downloaded a few apps and it looks like the phones storage has decreased but not the SD card..

Advertisement
  2. lightforce

lightforce Member

Nope cant install to SD card yet

3. Milkboot

Milkboot Member

I was looking through a few posts and could not find anything on this. Is there a way to set the location of where a app installs itsself? I kind of missing installing things to the SD card like on my other phones.

4. Flatman

Flatman Well-Known Member

subscribing!

5. N3TWORK BURN3R

N3TWORK BURN3R Well-Known Member

Not at the moment. Perhaps with an update in the near future. I was thinking of buying a larger microSD card myself, but i ended up just waiting until they allow apps to be installed on said card.

6. dballz

dballz Well-Known Member

Yeah right now we need some sort of file manager cause I'm not sure how much longer i can deal with storing my apps on the internal memory of the phone.

7. sh0ck3r

sh0ck3r Member

i have 7.8/8 GB free on my SD card and only 33/100 MB free on my phone from all my apps.... not much longer and my phone will be completely full. I'm sure if I wanted to go nuts and download every app out there I could acheive this.

As I have mentioned in other posts, the BB Storm has 1GB of built-in memory while the G1 only gets 100MB?! What were they thinking??? I'm ready to return this phone unless I can at least see a list of known issues from Google along with and E.T.A. of the when they will be fixed!!

8. sh0ck3r

sh0ck3r Member

allow me to correct myself...

the storm will be shipping with 128MB internal memory and an additional 1gb flash card, like the G1.

still, after over a years worth of email from 3 different accounts and multiple third party applications yet still never went under half the 64MB internal memory. those were downloaded directly to my phone and not "accessing" them I had an 8GB SD card but that's only good for music, pictures, and ring tones. not email and apps.

9. gewgluvr

gewgluvr Well-Known Member

Not having the ability to installs apps to SD is a major blunder and I hope its not googles anser to have us buy new phones. I'm surprised nobody at goog doesn't have a windows mobile device laying around for reference.

10. harrise

harrise Member

Oh no!!! I only have 20MB left. Don't tell me I'm gonna have to go back to WiMo. :mad: Goodbye Bonsai Blast.