• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root App install Problem

CellBlock420

May 6, 2012
so heres the issue, i rooted my phone yesterday with no probs. i had rom manager, toolbox pro installed and was trying to find the right rom for me. well i thought i found a good copy of cm9 and downloaded it. i followed the instructions for doing a wipe and then dropping in the rom. somehow i REALLY wiped the phone. everything still works but the phone was returned to factory state (except for root). now i cant get 4sync back on the phone, it sees my phone as an lg optimus (which was my last phone weird enough) but in settings about phone all info is right. how do i fix my phone so i can install roms?

@CellBlock420
CM 9.0 does act weird sometimes but it should recognize your phone .
I presume ,you are using PC browser to install 4sync .
Did you install Gapps after flashing your ROM ?
Goo.im Downloads - Browsing gapps

If you did ,try installing 4sync from the Device instead of PC .
You need to agree to Google Play's terms for the PC market to recognize your phone

As regards your second problem ,Can you tell me what error is the recovery giving ?

Upvote 0
yeah im new to rooting and modding. i am computer literate and understand the concepts just not the language. im actually trying to get the shevron 5.3 and having probs with that. basically my phone is in factory condition (except root) and i tried everything to get 4sync back to no avail. without it i am kind of stuck, all my root apps were apk files

Upvote 0
Cm 9.0 is an AOSP Rom . In Basic Terms ,they dont distribute Google Apps like Market and Gmail and so on .
So after any installation of CM ,you will need to flash Gapps
Goo.im Downloads - Browsing gapps
Just flash it via recovery after any CM or CM based installation .

I have no idea about Shevron and what error it is giving .But flashing Gapps and logging in the play store (and agreeing to the TOS )will give you access to 4sync IMO .

As far as piracy is concerned ,this forum has strict rules against it .
http://androidforums.com/introductions/704-site-rules-guidelines.html

You are doing nothing wrong .The signature has failed ,you will need to contact the dev or switch off signature verification (it is dependent on recovery ). He will need to resign it and upload

Upvote 0
everyone cross your fingers, i just installed $hevron 5.3 and am......wait...could it be true? OH HEAVENLY POWERS IT WORKED!!!!!!
i now have $hevron v5.3 installed and working. problems seem to be solved. now how do i make a backup of this current state in case i screw up again?

Upvote 0
Gapps is short form of google apps .basically market(play store),gmail,maps etc.
If you,see gmail,market or maps,in Rom then no need to install gapps .
Roms like cyanogenmod come without gmail,maps and market.
You will need to install gapps.
Install gb gapps for cm 7 or ics gapps for cm 9
Usually gapps instruction is given at the Rom dev page

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones