1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

App inventor and Android Market

Last Updated:

1. jplamb

jplamb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I have been playing round with app inventor and was thinking of making an app and the putting it on the market. I have had a look around the internet and have found mixed reports of weather this is possible. some say app inventor apps can not be put on the market and others say they can.

Does anybody know which it is? I dont want to pay for access to the market if i am not going to be able to upload to it.

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Officially not possible. Unofficially there is supposed to be a way around this.

3. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Umm, why would you NOT be able to put them on the Market? That's the whole point, people make apps, then put them on the Market to share with other people.

4. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

Because it's beta software and part of the EULA. I'm sure in the future selling App Inventor apps will be allowed but not today.

5. jplamb

jplamb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This was my thinking but with it being a beta i thought may be they had restricted it for some reason.

6. Phobos

Phobos Member

I started off with App Inventor and moved into writing code in the SDK. AI is a good beta program and may one day give the SDK a run for the money, but it is very limited.

The way of putting an AI app on the market is very long, complicated and way more difficult than using eclipse. I suggest you take what you learned from AI, learn a little about Java and study some good online resources. Get started with the SDK and you may find you have more talent than you think.

If you want to pursue it anyway here is the link:

Long, Hard Way

7. TheCompBoy

TheCompBoy Well-Known Member