App Inventor and Root

Last Updated:

1. wyzird

wyzird Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there any reason you should not use app inventor with a rooted phone? (eris)

Advertisement
  2. es0tericcha0s

es0tericcha0s Well-Known Member

Nope, have at it. :)

wyzird likes this.
  3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

I can't think of any...it should work just fine. I used it on my Droid X (unrooted at the time and had no troubles).

I finally got my App Inventor invite about a month ago and spent a day or two playing with it. Its kind of neat for playing with, basic prototyping, and experimenting with your phone. But I was disappointed that the project it builds is not Java-based (I can understand why, but I really wanted to use the Inventor to help show me how to code stuff for real in Java).

Anyway, once I realized this, it kind of spurred me on to buckle-down and install Eclipse and start developing apps "the hard way" :p.

Cheers!

P.S. App Inventor does install an app on your phone that "talks" to the PC-side to help prototype things while you develop. Pretty cool, but you might forget that its there when/if you ever decide to discontinue using AI.

wyzird likes this.
  4. wyzird

wyzird Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the info. I am looking forward to playing around with this. I rooted my phone and have no problems and I just wanted to keep it that way:)

5. n0ct3m

n0ct3m Well-Known Member

I wish I would get an invite to app inventor so I could try it out. Google must not love me :(