App Inventor Training Course

Last Updated:

1. androidAI

androidAI New Member

Has anyone found good App Inventor courses online?

I found this App Inventor course but wanted to see if any of you have tried it before I sign up for it.

Thanks for your help!

Advertisement
  2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

Hi androidAI,

Welcome to the forums! :)

I think the best place to start is MIT.

Other that that I'm not sure. But let's just ask for recommendations rather than providing links and asking about them. We'll and see how that goes first :) Hopefully some forum goers can toss in some good recommendations.

Cheers :)
  3. androidAI

androidAI New Member

Hey, I wanted to get input on the course I linked to. Why did you censor my post? Is that how this place runs?

Obviously I know MIT is serving App Inventor now. If you look they don't have any training for it. Please be less hasty when you censor people.
  4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

I promise that it was nothing personal and not usual, the alert on you came from me.

You simply had the misfortune of posting from the same IP address used by a roving round of spam flooding this morning, and alostpacket took down your link at my request until we separate the wheat from the chaff. (All mods are equal teammates, this is just how the work divided today.)

So, I noticed that MIT adoption of the App Inventor early this morning, and I was both interested and pleased to see it back.

Thanks your patience on this and for your understanding.

Please re-ask your questions. :)
    scary alien and alostpacket like this.
  5. appinventor

appinventor Active Member

The training course referred to states:
    'no coding required'
    'no need to learn computer programming'
    While App Inventor may be more fun to work with (snap, click)
    it still requires the understanding of logic, branching, looping and
    other programming constructs (not to mention timers.)
    The only difference is that AI substitutes blocks for lines of code,
    and it is drag and drop which is pretty cool :)

So while such training may be helpful let's keep touch with reality when they take out the bottles of snake oil.