App Inventor

1. 3L3C7R0

3L3C7R0 Active Member

I finally got accepted for app inventor. Can't wait to try it out!

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Incredible

Mr. Incredible Well-Known Member

Jealous. I'm still waiting.
  3. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

Yeah i got invited a little while ago. haven't had the time to explore it. I want to make an app, not really to submit to the market but to do something specific. off the top of my head, i got nothing, but im sure something will come up. then again, android is pretty awesome already :D
  4. UHF3

UHF3 Well-Known Member

I got accepted a few weeks ago. All I will say is, carefully read the agreement.
  5. Taylored

Taylored Well-Known Member

Got mine today as well.

Uhf3
    I will read the agreement, but are you insinuating that there is something specific we should look at?
  6. Weazol

Weazol Well-Known Member

I got it a couple weeks ago.. I set it all up and opened everything up.. Then I realized every app I could make with it has already been made
  7. Stupifier

Stupifier Well-Known Member

You gotta be kidding me.....I can throw out app ideas a mile a minute that are original. Use your imagination. The current marketplace of apps is hardly original. It is littered with copycat apps.

And if your imagination is too dull, just go to the Applications forum and read the app ideas thread.....plenty of good ideas.

now start inventing people! :)

http://androidforums.com/android-applications/3-post-your-app-idea.html
  8. UHF3

UHF3 Well-Known Member

Yep.

9. Weazol

Weazol Well-Known Member

App inventor is pretty limited.. You cant do everything with it..

In my post I was referring to the things that can be done in app inventor now have already been done. (although I could redo some of them with better looks and no ads...) I have been keeping track on it and they add new commands for it quite often. But for now its not that great.
  10. TaySharpe

TaySharpe Member

11. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

Dude...dude...DUDE! Thats friggin awesome, I want it now.
  12. EvanDog

EvanDog Member

for the people that have already gotten app inventor, how long did you have to wait before actually getting it?
  13. probinson

probinson Well-Known Member

It took probably a month for me to get it. All I've done so are are a couple of the tutorial apps. I like the way the process is structured, but I hope they can increase its flexibility.
  14. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

Pretty fun for me as I am new to programming (what, Basic on a Commodore 64 doesn't count? :p) I've done 2 tutorials (the cat one, and whack-a-mole (modified with soccer ball with soccer field as back ground).

By the way, there is no way (currently) to add apps made with Inventor to the Market (but Google is looking at ways to implement that. I would probably guess a separate "Inventor" tab for inventor made apps)...
  15. RedlineChaser

RedlineChaser Member

I received my invite yesterday and tinkered around with it a bit last night. It is basic, but for now that's the point, especially for programming nubs like me. :D The bigger the pool of creators(big and small) the better it will be for everyone in the end.

It took about a month, maybe even a little bit more between application and invite. I have so many ideas...that the hard part is reining it all in and keeping it simple right now so I learn to use the program right and then build from there.