• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Insightful

Lurker
Aug 21, 2010
I heard about this app before I got my phone and I have been using it since the day I got it which was not long ago. I was wondering if it even is helpful to my phone or if i should just remove it. I don't know what its like without it so Im not sure if its really helpful.
Also, does this app prevent me from getting emails from Gmail?

one thing i did find was when it shuts down my clock, my alarm doesnt go off and I dont wake up for work.

On our devices, we shouldn't ever really have to use a task killer. We have enough usable RAM (and will have even more with 2.2) that Android should be able to manage itself quickly enough so you never run out. Properly coded apps are not supposed to use any CPU when not the active screen, and unlike Windows having extra RAM doesn't help an app run better....if you have enough you have enough.

That being said, an app killer wont hurt anything so long as you don't kill system processes, or other important things like clock/calendar/etc because it can supposedly mess up your widgets/alarm/clock.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones